Monday, April 20, 2009

I am just getting into indoor rock climbing and I would like to ask for some gear for Christmas.?

Does anyone know of a set, on-line, that includes the shoes, harness, belay device, etc. all in one set for a reasonable price?

I am just getting into indoor rock climbing and I would like to ask for some gear for Christmas.?
There are one or two beginners kit%26#039;s out there - but I wouldn%26#039;t recommend them. The most important thing you are going to buy is climbing shoes. You need to go to a outdoor, climbing, or mountaineering store and try on a lot of pairs and get the right fit. You will also need to get a harness, a chalk bag (and chalk), a locking carabineer and a belay device. Black Diamond is a good company that makes everything except the shoes. Petzel is also a good choice. For shoes pick the smallest and tightest ones you can wear for 30 minutes or an hour.



CAT

No comments:

Post a Comment